|75 Years of Dedication to Our Customers!|
Becklund Jewelers started with a young man from North Dakota and a dream...
Hitchhiking his way to Minneapolis, Wayne Becklund started in the jewelry business by borrowing broken watches from pawn shops—charging twenty five cents for those returned in working order. By 1941, he'd saved enough to open his own store—just two counters at 1511 East Lake Street. For several years he toiled alone to build his watch and jewelry business, hiring Ebba, his first employee, in 1945. Soon after, Wayne met Frances, his wife and lifelong business partner. While Wayne was known for his enthusiasm and expertise, it was Frances' attention to style and detail in Jewelry-making which made Becklund Jewelers' aesthetic stand out as one of the Twin Cities' premiere fine Jewelry stores.
In 1962, Wayne and Frances opened a second store in St. Paul's Highland Village, eventually relocating to Crystal, Minnesota. In 1969 a third store was opened at the Country Village Shopping Center in Minnetonka and operated until 1991.
And, now, the tradition continues!
In August of 2015, Greg and Jeff retired their Eden Prairie location and look forward to continuing to provide watch repair and appraisal services to the twin cities for the foreseeable future.